Monday, November 29, 2021

Spider-Man #35: Molten Man Blues

Looks like a bad Oscars advertisement to me

Only Morbius lasts a day out of jail

Molten Man is now free and intent on staying that way.  Hopefully, he changes out of that ugly suit soon.  It's not easy on the eyes.

What's the first thing he does?  He gets an apartment and starts breaking it.  Personally, I'd order pizza.

I demand much more blood for my diamonds!

He robs the store.  It's a Spider-Man story.  Toddlers could see that coming in the dark.

Spider-Man shows up to stop the criminal.  Because cops are late and useless.  If you want actual law enforcement in the Marvel Universe, live somewhere besides New York or New Jersey.  I'm not even sure if there are cops there and not just people who show up to move criminals and fill out paperwork in Marvel canon.

Bowler Hat Guy ricks Spider-Man by pretending to surrender.

Since when did you guys take turns?

Both the criminal and, oddly, the salesman, run away.  Personally, I wouldn't want to be known for having anything to do with that Spider-Man either.

Of course, the criminal is Molten Man.  Why would anyone else but one supervillain at a time commit crimes?

If you ever feel stupid, read comic book logic and you'll feel a lot smarter

Because that's what a hero does: stalking

If you had gone to the police, they could have gotten a warrant, investigated by doing real work, and you wouldn't have wasted an entire day and skipped school

I'm just wondering what would happen if you tried this with a complete stranger or someone innocent.  The best he'd be doing would be freaking Morbius out by offering him directions every ten minutes.

Anyway, Spider-Man ignores studying for college again to follow some guy who is technically innocent, and what Spidey is doing is highly illegal (and pretty unhelpful).

After taking pictures of Molten Man breaking alarms and trying to break into a safe, Spider-Man remembers he fights crime as well as just recording it.

Spider-Man tried webs.  It's not very effective

Yup.  They start fighting.

Or possibly have a dance-off

I....what?

Sounds like an ice cream brand

So they keep fighting and...

I think Spider-Man needs an adult

Molten mand literally tries to hug Spider-Man to death.  Then he gives up because he decides weird poses and punching is more preferable.  Then they get bored and start throwing things.  Then Molten Man gets as bored as me and leaves through a window they broke.

I can't say I blame him.

But that doesn't stop Spider-Man.  He still wants to fight, so they fight.

Despite losing badly last time, Spider-Man manages to hogtie Molten man with a steel bar.  Apparently, consistency hadn't been invented yet.

Including clothes

It's pretty sad when the villain is correct about how crime-fighting works.

That's still not how crime-fighting works

I have no idea who that is

In fact, the police DO wait for evidence to show up and fall into their laps.

Concrete sure has a lot of jobs

Peter finally remembers 'Oh, yeah, I have a job' and goes to greet betty but finds a woman who looks like Lois Lane instead.  It turns out Ned and Betty left together.

Why DO you care?

Peter tosses the picture of himself that Betty had and left at her desk in the trash.  If she didn't want it, I have no idea why he would, especially since he signed it to her.  

Don't go thinking he grew a spine and got over her.  Spider-Man comics aren't that good yet.  Or REALLY bad yet.

So, to sum up, all we needed was one page to show anything of relevance actually happening. No lessons are learned by anyone, and Peter's life makes less sense than before.

My novel: (paperback) (Kindle)

My comic: (Morbius fan comic)

My Patreon (has a proboards forum that anyone can join)

My Twitter (feel free to ask for an invite to the discord server discussing all my projects)

No comments:

Post a Comment