Saturday, August 23, 2014

O captain my captain

No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.--Robin Williams


I have been debating ever since I heard the news what to say about the death of Robin Williams.  I have come to the conclusion that nothing will be enough.  He made me feel my life could have meaning, that there were ways to fight wrongs without doing physical battle, and that once could rise up against nightmares and mediocrity. He wasn't my genie for he didn't grant wishes--he was my nanny that thought me the gift of laughter and change, a spirit who taught me the power of dreaming of loved ones, a stranger from another world who came to make me laugh, and a hero.

He will always be those things even after his passing and the greatest way to pay tribute is to live up to what he has taught us.

Thank you, sir.
_________________________________________
Click here


It's Marvel's favorite and most useless vampire.  It's Morbius in the Marvel Rebooted Universe.

The MRU could always use more readers and writers.
____________________________________

Looking for more?  Check out my other works and my store.

If you'd like to help keep these projects going!  Check out my Patreon and contribute.  Chooses from speedier blogs to a prize bag and a charity dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment