Friday, December 29, 2023

I went to FanExpo!

 Yep.  Over Thanksgiving weekend, I went to FanExpo.  And a cuddly Best Boy came too!

Okay, yes, my husband came too (it was for his birthday).

I meant this sweetie:

I'm packed, mommy. Let's go!

He crawled in to nap in the crate until it was time to go and then he didn't want to get out until five minutes before it was time to leave and then he didn't want to go back in.  When he was back in, he just turned into 'bread'.

When you're traveling with a pet, their safety is your priority.

 At first, I was worried he wouldn't like the bumpy trip to the car as a very, very slowing descended and ascended stairs, several sets of which were either uneven or masked to look like a floor and not stairs, or which moved and I had to adjust and cling to the rails for balance.

I met a kitty in someone's backpack made for carrying small pets at the convention.  The poor thing was backed as far as is could and had an expression of 'what is all this craziness?'.  I wasn't able to cheer it up from behind its owner by making silly noises or gestures.

Meanwhile, my cat just chilled, no matter how bumpy the ride as I carried him.  When I set him in the car and fastened a seatbelt across the handles, however, he tried to punch his way out of the carrier and tried to knock the frames down.  Every time the car moved, he cried (he stopped when the car stopped, such as at red lights or waiting to merge).  

Being carried along the street and into a strang-smelling hotel?  Back to chilling.  

He cried for a few seconds after being released from the carrier, since the room was entirely new.  After Hubby showed him his temporary food (two camping tins) and his new litter box (a cardboard box lined with a garbage bag with litter crystals so no dealing with urine), all it took was a few sneezes on the furniture and he decided he owned the place.


Picture: Forgt the towels, steal this bed for me, mommy

We left our kitty in the hotel, once he was used to things.  We put a harness and a leash on him, in case he decided to bolt out of the room to explore when we returned.  Yes, there were too many dogs on the street, let alone at the convention to try to carry our kitty around.  As much as he likes (or is indifferent) to new people, he doesn't like dog smells and is too much of a wuss if any dogs go after him.  

We checked on him every few hours (I have never been to a geek convention that sold food, so we ate lunch and dinner at the hotel as usual).  

My kitty has a strange habbit of wanting to be in between his people and sitting on stuff we are using.  Thus, the hardest part of traveling with him has been keeping him from sitting out our fries and hamburgers and preventing him from knowing over drinks.  It is also difficult to lean over to reach your food when you have a cat on your lap, determined to stay there for hours.

I live here now

This shot took five minutes to get right

This is how we got the shot above

No cars this time, Mommy!

Kitty didn't want to leave, since that meant going back in the carrier, but he didn't fight about going back in.  He was quiet and calm as we waited outside for the car to take us home and he cried every time the car moved again.  He seemed to have forgotten about his experience once he was home.  He had a snack, had a drink, licked himself, and then took a nap on our bed.


No, I did not manage to meet Mark Hamill or Tony Todd at the convention.  I merely managed to pass on a note asking for advice when I will be alone in Canada (hopefully temporarily) and gave Mark a present. I did attend a find even hosted by Peter Cullen.  No, that is not his voice, but his brother's.  I asked him for advice too.  I will update this entry if I hear from any of them.

I did see these guys: 

I was pretty sure he was staring at my boobs

I did not let them  see my phone or I'd be there all day

My hubby with his favorite superheroes


All my links

No comments:

Post a Comment