Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Spider-Man #32: Spidey throws a tantrum

 

This kind of behavior is why I made this blog

So what's new?

No, not that

It's who this Master Planner is.

 I'm not even going to start on what's wrong with this, even in comic book logic

If only he had a clue what Spider-Man's alter ego was doing right now he wouldn't need a convoluted and super-boring plan.

For context, all they asked him to do was to tell Betty how he felt about her and end this drama.

Betty even asks what's bothering him other than talking to her and he gets mad.

So Peter leaves in a huff, having accomplished nothing in his life or the plot.

5 pages in and I think everyone is trying to compete for who can say the most nonsense.

Peter actually feels bad, both for his actions trying to help May and not thinking things through and as a human being. So he gets credit for that.

You know what, I'll give this a pass as it's understandable in context.


Now you've gone full super-villain

Peter sells his stuff to afford to pay Connors to order a Mcguffin cure that was dust created.  I thought superheroes and geniuses exchanged life-saving treatments using the honor system.  I guess I've been reading too much Morbius... who is classified as a villain.  This is sad.

Moving on, Dr. Octopus wants that cure as well.  Because reasons research.

Immediately after it's stolen, Dr. Conors gets the news.

 Spider-Man, don't you have somewhere to be?

He goes looking for Fosswell for tips about the criminals.

I need an adult!

Spider-Man just explains things to him and then swings off, leaving him on the roof.

Then he goes charging into the air of some random criminals.

You might want to give them a reason to answer you instead of running away

There are a lot of panels of Spider-Man threatening, and, likely, murdering people.

It's interrupted by a single panel of Connors working on the cure despite not having the main component.

I'm not an expert biologist, but I'm pretty sure that's not the cure for anything.

But don't worry, Spider-Man finds a trap door so he can beat more people up.  At least these guys are more enthusiastic about fighting.

Dr. Ocotus is happy as well, hoping to kill Spider-Man.  But he has to wait for Spider-Man to come to him since he's a load-bearing boss.

I'm no supervillain, but doesn't connecting your underwater lair to land defeat the purpose?

Spider-Man goes for the obvious trap of the serum under a spotlight.  Actually, it's just the container.  Personally, I wouldn't trust that.  But I'm not a genius.

And, of course, his spider-sense is useless in detecting Doc Ock.  We finally get to the only good part of the comic.

Doc Ock talks like 90% of the people I meet online, only with a much better vocabulary and he can actually spell

Spider-Man decides that if he can't take out the load-bearing boss, he can just take out the load-bearing wall. Does he know this is underwater?

Spidey gets stuck under something and whines.  this was done well in the MCU movie, but here he's just rehashing the last two issues.

And then that's the end.  No, really.  It ends there.  Spider-Man whining and recapping is the end.  This is not a misprint.  I am using Marvel Unlimite to read these.  It's over.

The writer literally just gave up.

WHAT THE HELL IS HE SWINGING ON: 9

My Redbubble store

My TeePublic store

My novel: (paperback) (Kindle)

My comic: (Morbius fan comic)

No comments:

Post a Comment